Project management drives reliable fee estimates, better management and improved profitability: a law firm’s lifeline. Examine best practices used by firms around the world, focusing on in involving clients in legal project management systems while still meeting lawyers’ professional obligations. For those interested, this course will lead to Professional Management Institute (PMI) certification and qualification for the first level of the Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
Course Learning Objectives
By the end of this course students should be able to:
- Apply a legal project management methodology to legal mandates
- Develop an efficient and profitable project plan for a legal matter
- Manage a legal project to deliver a successful outcome
- Manage client expectations
- Describe how changes management techniques support a successful project