Taught by multinational lawyer and consultant/entrepreneur Mike Ross, Fundamentals of Legal Services Business delivers the core functions of business: strategy, marketing, operations and business development through theory, examples and practical, real-life application.
This course will help you to be a better advisor to your clients by understanding and responding to what’s important to them – and be more effective in operating your own practice in any area of law.
Course Learning Objectives
By the end of this course students should be able to:
- Explain the basics of business strategy and the different types of business models, with emphasis on the legal services market.
- Evaluate the key pillars of building and implementing an effective strategy, including the fit between the internal and external environments of a business.
- Recognize both the need for new approaches to strategy in disruptive times and the emergence of such strategies within the legal services market.
- Apply the basics of operations management theory to a legal services business, both generally and in the delivery of professional services .
- Apply the fundamental principles of marketing to legal services, including digital, B2B, and innovation marketing approaches.
- Select appropriate sales and business development approaches for the achievement of stated goals within the legal services market.
- Propose actions to address current challenges and opportunities in the legal services market that effectively combine elements of strategy, operations, marketing, sales and business development.