Acquire core concepts of financial literacy for interactions with business clients and practice management: basic financial accounting techniques, construction and understanding of financial statements, analysis tools, valuation of assets, tax implications of different legal services delivery mechanisms, and financial accounting and management issues.
Industry leaders laud LSM 810:
- “The Financial Literacy for Lawyers course was extremely well done: the instructor, content and technology were all first-rate. I was very impressed with the online format as a teaching method.
The content level was appropriate for students without prior financial background and deftly explored its themes, demonstrating relevance for the practice of law and the business of lawyers. In my view this would be an extremely useful course for any law student – no matter which area of law may be their focus.”
- David Allgood
Former Senior Counsel, Dentons;
Former Executive Vice President and General Counsel, RBC
Student praise for LSM 810:
- “The material covered in this course has immediate real world applicability, as most of the content is based on public companies. Len Anderson’s approach offers students with any academic background the fundamentals to be able to navigate these financial statements with confidence.”
- - Shane Liquornik, Queen's Law
- “Regardless of where I end up, being able to analyze and understand the financial operations of a business – even on a general level – is a valuable skill. Business is relevant to many different areas of law, regardless of whether it falls under the umbrella of “corporate law” or not. I am confident that the skills I have developed in this course will serve me well going forward, regardless of where my career takes me.”
- - Brennan C., Queen's Law